Forensic Readiness Planning
Specialists in Organisational Forensic Readiness Planning and Implementation
Forensic Readiness Planning can assess your organisation’s readiness to respond to a compliance requirement, to support a digital forensic investigation, or as part of an internal investigation.
The effective preservation and analysis of data is now a pre-requisite for investigations, where data has been compromised or is required for review as part of any type of litigation or regulatory enquiry. Failure to act swiftly and preserve data could be costly. Prompt effective action will help to reduce litigation, minimise business disruption and limit any regulatory investigation.
Potential incident investigations include;
- Threats and extortion
- Accidents and negligence
- Stalking and harassment
- Commercial disputes
- Disagreements, deceptions and malpractice
- Intellectual property rights infringement
- Content abuse
- Invasion of privacy and identity theft
- Employee disciplinary issues
Benefits of adopting a Forensic Reading Policy;
- Incident investigations will proceed in a more cost effective manner;
- It is a deterrent to computer misuse and reoccurrences of abuse are reduced;
- It assists with security awareness training for employees.
- Maintaining proportionality of litigation and investigative costs.
- Increasing the speed at which digital evidence can be produced.
- Increasing the wealth of evidence and facilitating accelerated system and business recovery.
- Acting as a deterrent to computer misuse.
- Reducing the occurrences of digital technology abuse.
- Assisting with internal security awareness.
- Provision of 24/7 cover to aid in incident response.
Adoption of a forensic readiness policy is also a mandatory requirement for Government Departments. But if you work with (or plan to work with) a Government Department then they may require, or expect, an organisation to have a forensic readiness policy.
How can we assist?
CYFOR’s Forensic Readiness Plans are bespoke assessments written for your business needs. We will supply you with robust plans to ensure that you have a fully auditable trail for evidence collection in an incident. We will ensure that you are prepared.
Your Forensic Readiness Plan will contain recommendations to enable business continuity in the event of an incident whilst ensuring that vital evidence is retained so that a full forensic enquiry can be conducted. Reactive strategies can be slower and can eliminate vital evidence.
CYFOR recognise that it is essential that you are immediately able to recover in the event of an incident but you also need to be able to investigate what happened and how it happened so that you can eliminate the possibility of any further problems and for compliance purposes. Without implementing a Forensic Readiness Plan you risk losing vital evidence during the recovery process. This potentially means that your systems remain at risk.
CYFOR can also assist you with your Forensic Readiness Planning in the following areas:
- Planning Information Retention Requirements
- Planning the Response
- Digital Forensic Training
- Digital Forensic Investigation
Consequences of not adopting a forensic policy
If an organisation does not have a forensic readiness plan, then it is likely to be unprepared for the consequences of an incident investigation. Law enforcement agencies could conduct a search of premises and seize business critical computer systems, which could cause major business continuity issues. Also, an organisation may be prone to significant liabilities if it cannot collect digital evidence to a standard required during civil proceedings and regulatory enquiries.
A computer forensic company’s involvement with an organisation is generally considered to be a reactive measure that should be employed following a security or policy breech.
Most companies would benefit from being proactive about digital evidence.
Forensic Readiness Plans can benefit your business by preparing you for compliance requirements and ensuring an efficient investigation into digital crime.
Contact us today to arrange a consultation