CYFOR is a leading nationwide provider of Digital Forensics, eDiscovery and Cyber Security services to law firms, corporate organisations and law enforcement.
Due to the continued growth of our CYBER Division, we are looking for an experienced Network Infrastructure Engineer to work as an incident responder.
Where a client’s infrastructure has been severely disrupted by CYBER Events, your role will be to help clients get their networks back working as quickly as possible. With consummate client-facing skills, you’ll lead each project from the front with calmness, assuredness and professionalism. Key to being a success in the role is your ability to troubleshoot and think on your feet in a fluid environment. You’ll also be able to demonstrate flexibility, commitment and integrity along with confidence and a can-do attitude.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in network infrastructure design and implementation. You will have a deep understanding of virtualised environments and VLANs, as well as high-level knowledge of physical server hardware. You will have strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop operating systems along with M365 and PowerShell scripts. You will also need to have strong knowledge of switch and firewall configurations that can be adapted across multiple firewall vendors.
Cyber Security knowledge, particularly with regard to identifying and resolving network vulnerabilities, will be an advantage, as will experience of Cyber Essentials and ISO27001.
In return, you’ll receive a salary commensurate with experience, training, overtime and excellent career prospects. You’ll enjoy a varied and highly fulfilling role, working with great colleagues in a fantastic atmosphere. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful business that truly focuses on its main asset, the team.
- Assist clients with infrastructure remediation and rebuilds after an incident.
- Emergency incident response – mitigation and remediation.
- Work with clients to resolve network security issues.
- Run vulnerability assessments on client networks and provide mitigation reports.
- Manage and organise initial response activities remotely and onsite to contain cyber incidents for customers.
- Calm and collected client Incident Management.
- Run M365 Audits.
- Assist the forensics investigation team with the collection of logs and disk images.
- Complete customer network infrastructure analysis to identify weak areas of security.
- Delivering high-quality technical services to clients.
- Distribute written and oral customer communications in the form of presentations and reports.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the commercial team and attend scoping calls when necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to demonstrate hands-on experience in at least five of the following areas within the past 3 years (ideally the last 12 months):
- In the scenario where a client has no backups, the ability to think on your feet to rebuild their infrastructure from scratch as quickly as possible as time is of the essence.
- 5 years in an infrastructure role managing firewalls, switches, servers and cloud environments, such as Azure and AWS.
- Ability to rebuild Domain controllers, spin up new cloud servers and restore data from backups.
- Ability to identify network security risks and understand what is required to remediate.
- Strong understanding of enterprise-grade technical security controls.
- Experience of designing networks (physical, virtual and hybrid).
- Experience of designing and building servers (Microsoft and Linux)
- Experience of collecting logs from servers (Microsoft and Linux) and firewalls.
- Experience in cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation, including Microsoft Azure and Office 365, AWS, and Google Cloud.
- Excellent client-facing skills. Able to communicate at all levels, adapting the style of communication to meet the needs of the audience.
- An excellent attitude and willingness to learn and study for certifications.
- Solid understanding and experience in dealing with network architecture, web applications and associated devices.
- Ability to travel at short notice
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Previous exposure to enterprise-scale infrastructure and technology stacks.
- Experience in analysing packet captures and NetFlow logs from monitoring devices, typically WireShark.
- SANS or CREST accreditation.
- Company statutory pension scheme
- Extra days holiday for your birthday
- A birthday gift, rising in value each year
- Private healthcare scheme
- Life Insurance (Death in Service)
- Annual Media Subscriptions (from a choice of Netflix HD, Amazon Prime, Spotify, Magazine sub, etc)
- An annual work anniversary gift, rising in value each year. In addition, after 3 years of service, you will receive a £300 bonus. After 5 years of service, you will receive a £500 bonus.
- After 10 years of service, you will receive a £1,000 bonus.
- Multiple social events throughout the year including the CYFOR Family Day
- Month-end lunch and lots more.
Salary from £35k to £60k depending on experience.
This role will require security clearance to SC level, please advise if you are a holder otherwise, we will need to carry out vetting.
As an equal opportunities employer, CYFOR welcomes applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
Apply for this job by completing the form and uploading your CV.
Back to all Careers