CYFOR is a leading nationwide provider of Digital Forensics, eDiscovery and Cyber services to Law firms, Corporate organisations and Law enforcement.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to become the Head of Technical Operations at CYFOR. As part of the Senior Management team, you will be responsible for Technical delivery and lead a highly capable and established technical team, driving continuous improvement and ensuring deadlines are achieved and client expectations met.
Key to our success has been our truly exceptional technical team. As an inspirational leader, you will be responsible for coaching and mentoring these great individuals to further greatness.
As well as maintaining and enhancing Quality you will lead a number of projects to achieve ISO accreditation and improve processes, policies, procedures & information systems, to create a bedrock upon which to build stable but significant growth. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in a Digital Forensic Environment within the Criminal or Corporate arenas, with at least 2 years in a management position. Experience of assisting in the implementation and maintenance of ISO 17025 would be desirable.
In return, you’ll receive a salary commensurate with experience, training and excellent career prospects. You’ll enjoy a varied and highly fulfilling role, working with great colleagues in a fantastic atmosphere.
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful business.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing a functional and secure operations centre (includes Criminal Forensics, eD, Corporate, Cyber, IT Support) by equipping facilities and developing procedures & policies relevant to each different type of investigation;
- Overall responsibility for technical delivery, including quality of output, managing case workloads, ensuring deadlines are achieved and client expectations met;
- Lead, assist and develop members of staff with their personal and professional development through 1-1’s, appraisals and training;
- Responsible for Technical HR which includes recruitment, onboarding and development of all Technical staff as well as approving holidays and TOIL;
- Be proactive on continuous improvement by leading projects and driving improvements in technical policies, processes and procedures that improve efficiency & effectiveness;
- Positively contribute to SMT meetings with Cyber, ED, Criminal, Corporate and IT support dept reports and insight along with Infrastructure, Quality and ISO reports;
- Develop, monitor and maintain departmental KPI’s and ensure these are consistently achieved;
- Develop strategic initiatives to increase revenue, penetrate markets and lower costs;
- Where appropriate maintain an amount of time each month on chargeable client work (which includes QA);
- Work alongside CYFOR’s Business Development team assisting in the preparation of quotes & assist in technical queries;
- To assist the BD team and the reputation of CYFOR with the provision of copy for Social Media throughout the year;
- Proactively assist in the completion of new Customer tenders;
- If appropriate actively promote the company by giving presentations to external clients when necessary and leveraging contacts gained to increase revenue;
- Candidates will be required to travel on business from time to time. A valid passport will, therefore, be required and, ideally, a full UK driving licence.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in a Digital Forensic environment within the Police or Corporate Arena’s, with at least 2 years in a management position; Consideration will also be given to experienced managers from within the Police, but not from a Digital Forensic background.
- Excellent leadership & people skills. Relatable, Intuitive and quickly able to gain the trust of our key asset, our colleagues.
- Ideally experienced in ISO17025 implementation and maintenance of ISO27001 and ISO9001.
- Excellent project management skills, able to demonstrate attention to detail and delivery of process improvement. Ideally experienced with implementing a new case management system.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent work-related experience;
- Ability to communicate at all levels, adapting the style of communication to meet the needs of the audience;
- Ability to remain calm and controlled and maintain good performance within a mission-critical service area;
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team responsible for providing Forensic Services;
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and a high level of self-motivation;
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality;
- Possess excellent IT skills and demonstrate competency in a number of systems and applications.
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Contributory Health care scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recognition & reward schemes
- Multiple Social events throughout the year including the CYFOR Family day
- Month-end Breakfast and lots more.
This role will require security clearance to SC level, please advise if you are a holder otherwise, we will need to carry out vetting
Apply for this job by completing the form and uploading your CV.
Back to all Careers