The Bid Manager role will focus on identifying, securing, and applying for tender applications suitable for a range of our services and departments. With a significant focus on new business generating tenders to secure more revenue, hit departmental targets and increase market dominance. This role with have the overall management of the process and will be responsible for speaking to all departments necessary to gain the relevant information.
This individual will report to the Commercial Director. This position has no direct reports.
Place of Work
This role will typically be based at CYFOR, Benjarron House, Middleton, M24 1SW.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination of, but not necessarily all or limited to, the following duties:
- Managing and contributing to the preparation and submission of Group PQQ’s and tenders.
- Maximising opportunities and utilising our various accreditations.
- Completing client questionnaires and compliance documents.
- Maintaining a central register of all tenders being submitted.
- Checking daily sources for new tender opportunities.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and commercial requirements.
- Annual maintenance of Business Reports folder.
- Ad Hoc reporting and investigation where required.
- Add to, amend and update our company Dynamics database with client details, tender opportunities and activity.
- To engage with and support CYFOR’s Quality Team in the accreditation and certification of the company to regulatory standards.
- To always dress and act in a professional manner.
- To lead by example, demonstrating professionalism to colleagues commensurate with the post.
- To comply with safe working practices.
- To participate and reasonably engage in the Annual Staff review process.
- Any other tasks that may be required from time to time.
- Ensuring adequate records and configuration of bids are maintained.
- To provide the team with a vision and strategy for achieving overall goals with all tenders.
- Attendance at customer bid meetings and management of presentations as appropriate.
- Ensuring bid data is available to the business, including the publication of a monthly bid plan for internal resource & diary planning purposes.
Experience, Knowledge and Requirements
The Bid Manager should meet all the following criteria:
- A highly motivated, organised, proactive and enthusiastic individual who can work hard on developing and nurturing tenders and future opportunities.
- Experience in successfully winning tender applications.
- Basic understanding of IT and industry software, selling points, techniques and limitations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ideally, the candidate will have experience in ISO9001, ISO27001 and/or ISO17025.
- Experience in completing IT, Software or Security based tenders.
- Previous experience in tenders with Police, Local Authority, NHS or Education.
- Please note, CYFOR are willing to accept applications on a part-time working basis.
The intent of this Job Description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Apply for this job by completing the form and uploading your CV.
Back to all Careers