Job Opportunity: Digital Forensic Technicians (Central London)
4th April 2017
CYFOR has an urgent requirement for Digital Forensic Technicians on a part time basis. The role will involve conducting forensically sound acquisitions of computer systems and associated media, either on site or in our London office.
Digital Forensics Job Specification:
- Conduct forensically sound acquisitions of computer systems and associated media, either on site or in the London office, ensuring continuity of all exhibits and maintaining integrity throughout;
- Ensure that acquisition techniques are forensically sound and are undertaken in accordance with national guidelines for evidence recovery, preservation and presentation of computer evidence;
- To preserve and store computer systems and associated media used in investigations and evidence uncovered by analysis;
- To ensure that all property and/or documentary evidence that comes into their possession during the course of an investigation is correctly recorded and stored in accordance with CYFOR procedures;
- To record the details of acquisitions undertaken and maintain the confidentiality of this information;
- Process the recovered data into a form suitable for investigators to examine for evidential content; ensure all data is archived in accordance with SOP’s;
- To ensure that appropriate security and access control of systems and evidence is maintained at all times;
- Release properly packaged evidence back to the relevant agency when examination is completed;
- Prepare Criminal Justice Act statements and exhibits to a standard suitable for use in criminal or civil court;
- To testify in court, as required, on results of seizure and handling of evidence;
- To develop experience and detailed technical knowledge of current technology and the wide variety of tools and techniques used to assist in the acquisition of evidence.
Please note that these positions will be based upon a zero hours’ contract. As such, this would ideally suit an individual studying a Digital Forensics degree course (or similar), within the London area and looking to gain industry experience. Alternatively, this would suit a retired ex police officer looking to apply their experience and assist CYFOR on an ad hoc basis.