Forensic Data Collection
Forensic data collection and preservation of digital data is critical in investigations.
CYFOR has extensive experience capturing and collecting data from all types of media and appreciate the critical nature of imaging computers and associated media, especially in all cases where further investigation or disclosure may be required. Capturing this data using forensically sound methodology is vital if the integrity of any subsequent investigation is to be maintained. Our team operates globally, often travelling at short notice to ensure that a complete set of onsite data is recovered.
CYFOR has provided data collection services to help clients in a variety of circumstances including:
- Investigating suspicion of fraud
- Extracting data to comply with regulatory disclosure
- Investigating collusion or corruption
- Preserving data during litigation or electronic disclosure
- Securing information for insolvency or business recovery
CYFOR understands the wider commercial implications of forensic data collection, including the cost and disruption to the business. As such we also offer the collection of logical evidence files which allows you to select which files or folders you wish to preserve, instead of acquiring the entire drive or server. This method of forensic data collection can reduce processing costs and minimise disruption to business continuity through live acquisition.
CYFOR’s team of specialists have extensive experience in collecting electronically stored information across a broad range of sectors, in the following formats;
- Emails – Cloud based and Local email exchange
- Computers / Laptops and Tablets
- Mobile Phones (SMS/ MMS)
- Deleted Data
- Voice data (including phone calls and Voicemails)
- Hard copy documentation
- Video / Audio
- Social Media / Forums
- Bespoke Databases (including Sage etc.)