CYFOR offer a full forensic investigation of intellectual property (IP) and data theft cases. We are frequently instructed by clients who have had company data stolen by current or former employees.
Data theft has been a long standing issue for employers, with the statistics increasing as the business landscape becomes ever more digitised. Data theft commonly occurs when an employee leaves a business to work for a rival, or to set up their own company. An organisations confidential data is usually one of its most valuable assets, whether the data is trade secrets, a client database or financial information. It can be critical to giving an organisation the competitive edge within their relevant market.
We provide digital forensic services in employment cases ranging from intellectual property and data theft, partnership and contract disputes, to social media issues. Our extensive capabilities allow us to forensically investigate computers and mobile phones as well as audio/video enhancement in a matter of hours or days in order to meet your specific requirements.
Our specialists gather intelligence and digital evidence on what data may have been stolen and by what method leading up to an employee leaving the company. Key aspects covered, include;
- Forensic imaging of any device
- USB Activity Analysis
- Internet browsing history
- Recovering deleted data
- Cloud storage
- Use of personal email accounts
- Data leak investigation
- Reporting of findings suitable for court
If electronic data theft evidence exists and the intellectual property of your client has been compromised, then we will find it. This includes the following areas of investigation:
- Forensically imaging the computer/ laptop/ server
- Data extraction of all user generated data, including live and easily recoverable deleted data
- Data carving for deleted emails which may reside in unallocated space
- Application of specific keywords across the
- data to narrow the results and provide more relevant data
- Application of Internet Evidence Finder software across the data to provide a spreadsheet detailing all Internet history for the period in question
- Determine any evidence of copying of data via Dropbox or other web based storage devices
- Look for evidence of any web based email correspondence
- Look for evidence of usage of USB devices and copying of data
- Results provided on a hard drive or disc for review
If you suspect data theft within your organisation and require specialist advice and assistance, please contact us immediately